Maldives Airports Company Limited(MACL) announces that the Velana International Airport (VIA), has recorded 764 air traffic movements during the month international borders reopening.
According to a tweet by MACL, from July 15 to August 15, there are 399 international air traffic movements recorded, with 7,607 passengers arriving at the Velana International Airport and 9,269 passengers departing from the country.
Furthermore, 365 domestic air traffic movements were recorded within the same period, with 3,480 passengers arrivals at the international airport and 4,323 passengers departures.
Statistics released by the Maldives Immigration show that the Maldives welcomed 5,177 tourists within the first-month international border reopening.
Qatar Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, SriLankan Airlines, and Turkish Airlines have resumed scheduled flights to the Maldives. All passengers traveling into the country only need to fill an online health declaration with a confirmed booking for a stay at any registered tourist facility in the country. A 30-day free visa is issued to entre to the Maldives with no mandatory quarantine or testing on arrival.
Velana International Airport new normal measures
- Blue markers, spaced three feet apart, in place in front of ticketing and check-in counters, and at the pre-flight inspection zone in the international terminal, as well as in front of the check-in counters in the domestic terminal.
- Glass separators of four feet have also been installed in between all check-in counters.
- Hygiene and safety measures enforced with daily disinfection of all seats, desks, lounge areas, ticketing counters, check-in counters, flooring, and airport tarmac areas.
- Wear face masks and maintain social distancing at all times
- Crew members must advise passengers to replace their mask when it becomes wet or soiled
- All passengers should complete an online health declaration form before arrival and departure etc..