The Maldives has been added to Qatar’s COVID-19 green list. This will exempt travelers from having to quarantine in a quarantine facility for 14 days. Travelers will now be required to home-quarantine instead for only one week, after arriving back in Qatar. A COVID-19 test will be retaken on the 6th day of quarantine as well.
The following rules must be followed when home-quarantining;
- Have a suitable housing condition with the availability of your own room and linked bathroom
- Sign an undertaking to abide by the rules of home-based quarantine
- Watch a short video on the home quarantine measures and read the Home Quarantine Booklet
- Apply preventive measures at home to protect others
- Have a swab test on day 6 after your arrival back to Doha at one of the PHCC healthcare centers
- Answer the phone calls from the public health team during your home quarantine
- Agree to receive a visit from the public health team every 2 to 3 days
- Inform the public health team if you develop any symptoms (fever, cough, body aches, change in taste or smell)
- Download the Ehteraz app
Qatar Airways, the flag carrier of Qatar, was the first airline to resume operations in the Maldives, when the archipelago reopened borders on 15 July to welcome back tourists. Furthermore, the Maldives has also been exempted from the UK’s quarantine list as well, thus being added to its Travel Corridor List.