Qatar Airway welcomes its 53rd Airbus A350 to its fleet to wrap up for the new year.
The national carrier of the State of Qatar is the largest operator of Airbus A350 aircrafts with 34 A350-900 and 19 A350-1000. This makes the airline a popular choice among environmentally conscious passengers traveling long-haul flights.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, said: “Despite the challenges of the pandemic, we continue to invest in our fleet, operating the youngest, most fuel-efficient and technologically advanced aircraft in the skies. This strategic investment in sustainable twin-engine aircraft has enabled us to continue flying during the most challenging year in aviation’s history, helping take over 3.1 million people home since the start of the pandemic. As global travel recovers, our passengers can rely on us to fly greener and smarter with more flights to more destinations via the Best Airport in the Middle East, Hamad International Airport.”
Passengers travelling on-board Qatar Airways’ state-of-the-art Airbus A350-1000 can enjoy:
- The widest cabin body of any class with larger windows creating an extra spacious feel
- The widest seats of any aircraft in its category with generous room in all classes
- Advanced air system technology including HEPA filters, which deliver optimal cabin air quality, renewing air every two to three minutes for more comfort and less fatigue
- LED mood lighting which mimic a natural sunrise and sunset to help reduce the effects of jet lag
- The quietest cabin of any twin-aisle aircraft that includes a draft-free air circulation system resulting in a low ambient cabin noise level for a more peaceful journey
Passengers traveling with Qatar Airways in 2021, can expect safety measures to be executed vigilantly throughout their journey. The airline provides cabin crew with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and a complementary protective kit and a disposable face shield for passengers.
Business Class passengers can relax with the Qsuite, the award-winning business seat, that provides enhanced privacy, including sliding privacy partitions and the option to use a ‘Do Not Disturb (DND)’ indicator. Qsuite is available on flights to more than 30 destinations including Frankfurt, Kuala Lumpur, London, and New York. For full details of all the measures that have been implemented on board and at HIA, please visit qatarairways.com/safety.
Photo Credit: Qatar Airways