According to the Ministry of Tourism, as of now, there are 300 operational guesthouses across the Maldives. The latest statistics published revealed that 47 guesthouses across 15 atolls resumed operations since October 2020.
The guesthouses currently in operation are as follows:
- 06 guesthouses in 02 islands of Haa Alif atoll
- 02 guesthouses in Haa Dhaal atoll
- 01 guesthouse in Shaviyani atoll
- 01 guesthouse in Noonu atoll
- 12 guesthouses in 5 islands of Baa atoll
- 134 guesthouses in 9 islands of Kaafu atoll
- 66 guesthouses in 7 islands of Alif Alif atoll
- 34 guesthouses in 8 islands of Alif Dhaal atoll
- 24 guesthouses in 4 islands of Vaavu atoll
- 01 guesthouse in Faafu atoll
- 01 guesthouse in Thaa atoll
- 02 guesthouses in Laamu atoll
- 02 guesthouses in 02 islands of Gaaf Dhaal atoll
- 08 guesthouses in Gnaviyani atoll
- 06 guesthouses in 03 islands of Seenu atoll
A total of 586 tourist establishments, including 142 resorts and marinas, 133 liveaboards, as well as 11 hotels are currently in operation.
Maldives recorded 55,727 tourist arrivals between 1st and 19th January 2021, out of which the top markets are Russia and India. Other top source markets are Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Romania, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United States and Switzerland.
Photo Credit: Maldives Magazine