Male’, Maldives, 21st December 2023 – In a fusion of artistic prowess and tropical grandeur, Oaga Art Resort, situated in the heart of the Maldives, is preparing to host a series of holiday events centered around the theme “A Moment in Time.” This promises an extraordinary celebration, merging the allure of art with the captivating beauty of the Maldives, providing guests with an immersive experience beyond the ordinary.
Warming up to Christmas Eve
The festive itinerary kicks off with the Liquid Groove DJ Pool Party on December 20th, as the sun sets over the mesmerizing turquoise waters. The Christmas fervor heightens with the Christmas Tree Toast on December 21st, featuring a Tree Lighting Ceremony accompanied by the serene melodies of the harp played by Saif, followed by live music at Raa Baa, the main bar, courtesy of local talent Naail Trio.
December 22nd is packed with a flurry of activities, commencing with the Merry Market’s opening at the main restaurant, Kaa Kada, and followed by the Garden of Gingerbread, inviting guests to showcase their creativity in decorating gingerbread men. The night culminates with the Mix & Mingle Soiree at Sobi Bar, the beer and gin garden, offering live music by our Vibe Director, Shiuz.
Artistic Vibes and Christmas Feasts
Artistic inspiration continues on Christmas Eve as Raa Baa transforms into a local artist pop-up exhibition starting at noon. From the 24th to the 29th, the Veyoge Caravan exhibition by Suvāsthi will showcase “Of the Palm,” featuring a selection of artworks exploring the sacred connection between man and craft by local artist Hassan Niyaz. The evening progresses with a festive feast at Kaa Kada, followed by a Christmas Movie Night and live music performed by the talented local artist Shiuz.
Christmas Day itself guarantees a cheerful brunch at Kaa Kada, complemented by the anticipated arrival of Santa Claus at Oaga. The festivities persist with live music by Dupa Trio during Christmas brunch, a captivating Christmas show by Valerie Sealey (Solstix), and culminates with a beach party featuring DJ Afruh.
The last Full Moon of the Year
The spirit at the resort remains vibrant as the year draws to a close, offering a multitude of experiences. On December 26th, guests can revel in sun-drenched beats with DJ Afruh, live music by Naffah, and an O-Fire bonfire featuring live music by Zaki at Raa Baa Beach. The 27th brings a special full moon ritual conducted by Hoba Spa to commemorate the year’s last full moon, followed by a Handhuvaru Sound Healing Concert at Hoba Deck beach, culminating in a Moonlit full moon afterparty.
Warming up for New Year’s Eve
Preparations for New Year’s Eve commence with jewellery-making sessions led by the versatile Cinta Damerell from the 27th to the 29th. The 28th invites guests to indulge in Maldivian cuisine at Kaa Kada, followed by live music performed by Dupa Trio at Raa Baa. As the 29th approaches, the golden hour evening cocktail party takes center stage, enhanced with flyboard performances and the melodious tunes of local talent Amruh serenading with the violin later in the night.
New Year’s Eve – A Moment to Ash
Anticipation rises for New Year’s Eve at Oaga Art Resort, promising an unforgettable night of cherished moments. The evening commences with a gala dinner at Kaa Kada, followed by a DJ party at Raa Baa Beach featuring DJ Afruh. At 11:45 PM, guests will partake in the symbolic “Moment to Ash” ceremony, signifying the shedding of the past year’s moments, followed by a magnificent fireworks display illuminating the sky in celebration.
Welcoming the New Year 2024
The dawn of 2024 begins with a rejuvenating New Year’s brunch, succeeded by a New Year ritual at Hoba Deck, live music by Dupa Trio, and an open-air movie night at Raa Baa. The ensuing days continue the revelry with a sculpting workshop led by Cinta Damerell, accompanied by a pool party, live music by local duo Something Lovely, a Boduberu pool party featuring Harubee, and a bonfire art exhibition with live music at Raa Baa.
On January 5th, guests are invited to experience a Galactic Gallery – a nighttime bonfire art exhibition with live music at Raa Baa. Simultaneously, an immersive sound installation inside Samaasaa, inspired by the Maldivian musical masterpiece, Zero Degree Atoll’s “Dhoni” Album, awaits at the opposite end of the island.
The celebrations culminate in a spectacular finale on January 6th, featuring live music by local talents Yani & Iqyan, followed by the Wave Rave – a beach party starring DJ Afruh.
Featured Artists at a Glance
- Hassan Niyaz: A self-taught artist and graphic designer from Male’, Maldives, showcasing his second solo exhibition ‘Of the Palm’ at Oaga Art Resort after a successful debut at Art Gallery Male’.
- Dupa Trio: An exceptional jazz band recreating a vibrant musical environment reminiscent of the golden age of jazz.
- Valery Sealey (Solstix): A skilled circus and fire performer specializing in object manipulation, captivating audiences with staff manipulation, fire spinning, and contact juggling.
- Cinta Damerell: A multi-disciplinary creative focused on creating art and experiences that evoke a utopian paradise through film, exploring the natural world, and fostering safe communities for thriving arts.
- Alikko (Aleef): An eclectic creative exploring various art forms such as music, design, and performance arts, showcasing musical talents alongside fire poi and object manipulation performances.
- DJ Afruh (Ali Afruh): A versatile DJ, musician, and multi-instrumentalist influenced by blues, jazz, reggae, and world music.
- Ismail Affan: A talented musician known for his unique voice and vocal range.
- Something Lovely: An acoustic duo comprising childhood friends Shafyau Rameez (Thappu) and Dhifla Ahmed (Dhifoo).
- Harubee Boduberu Group: A passionate group focused on traditional Maldivian music, Boduberu, beloved for their rhythmic beats.
- Yani & Iqyan: A harmonious musical duo showcasing a fusion of talent and creativity on a lifelong musical journey.
- Naail Trio: Comprising Naanu, Amir, and Inan, presenting a blend of jazz and Maldivian musical traditions.
- Shiuz: Oaga’s Director for all things vibe, a dynamic performer spotlighting the best of Maldivian musical arts.
- Naffah: An in-house musician and solo artist known for soul-soothing melodies.
- Zaki: A versatile talent contributing to the Maldivian tourism industry as a musician, singer, entertainer, and surfer.
- Dumb & Dumber: A collaboration between musicians Naffah and Humam, creating a fusion of acoustic soulful music.
Featuring Special Local Talents and Exclusive Offerings at Oaga Art Resort
Oaga Art Resort presents an array of exceptional local talents including Samooh Thaufeeq the saxophonist, Amru on violin, Husen Thaufeeq on keys & saxophone, Saif the harpist, Shaman the magician, and more. Join in this momentous celebration with an unbeatable offer where time stands still, and memories are etched in your heart forever.
For travelers seeking an all-inclusive holiday, Oaga Art Resort’s Greatest All-Inclusive plan surpasses conventional limits. This plan includes Creative Expression (art) classes, Take Notes (music) experiences, In-Villa Dining options including floating meals, various excursion choices, motorized watersports, and much more. To secure your stay, visit the website www.oagaresorts.com and book your unforgettable experience.
Nestled in North Malé Atoll, Oaga Art Resort is just 45 minutes away by speedboat from Malé International Airport. The island boasts 60 villas offering beach and overwater options, five distinct dining venues, and a spa inspired by Maldivian traditional healing practices. Oaga Art Resort’s creative spaces provide an immersive experience curated by local and visiting artists, alongside craftsmen from the Maldives.